Terms of Excellent Service (ToES)
Human readable version
By using our services, you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. We also agree to provide you with the best possible service. Here is a more concise and human readable version of the agreement.
- We put security as the first thought in everything we do and we will strive to make your experience as secure as possible.
- We endeavor to provide the best possible service, and we will do our best efforts to make that a reality.
- Security, performance and convenience are the three precepts by which we function.
- You agree to generally be nice and not cause any disruptions to others using the service.
- You agree not to break any laws, use pirated content, or do anything that your common sense tells you shouldn't be done.
- When using our Forums, to be additionally bound by the forums-specific Terms of Service.
Acceptance of and changes to Terms of Service
This is a contract between you and The Forge. By using our Website and services, you signify your acceptance of the Agreement, including, without limitation, all the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service. If you do not agree completely with any terms, conditions, disclaimers, limitations or other provisions in your Agreement with us, your only remedy is to discontinue use of our Website. We reserve the right to modify our Agreement with you, including, without limitation, these Terms of Service at any time. Your continued use of any portion of our Website following the effective date contained in the notification or the posting of such changes on our Website, if no other effective date is specified, will constitute your acceptance of those changes and your agreement to comply with all the current terms and conditions of the Agreement.
You accept to be additionally bound by the forums-specific Terms of Service while using our Forums.
If you have questions or concerns about our specific terms, please don't hesitate to contact us.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Website or any of our other sites:
- Intentionally or knowingly violate any applicable law, regulation, or agreement that you are bound by – including this Agreement – nor the rights of any other party;
- Misrepresent or try to deceive us as to your identity or the identity of anyone else or conduct fraudulent activities.
Additional Rules of Conduct
You would be in violatation of these Terms of Service if, as determined by The Forge in its sole discretion, you:
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is considered illegal under Canadian jurisdiction.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person’s view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Use abusive, offensive, or defamatory screen names and/or personas.
- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Website. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within the Website. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming” or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are a The Forge employee or a representative of The Forge, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent The Forge.
- Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on the Website.
- Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with or disrupt the Website.
- Improperly use support.
- Post or communicate any person’s real-world personal information using the Website.
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for the Website.
- You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, stalking, fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.
- “Role–playing” is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy.